- The Earth needs our help. We are in a special position of privilege where our lives generate an abundance of products. We can adjust our habits to be more eco-friendly. With a few lifestyle changes such as the three below, our conscious efforts can help the Earth.
- 1. Go Paperless
- It’s easy now to go paperless. See what billing options your utility and phone companies have. Your bank will email statements to you.
- When you’re are the grocery store, bring a bag with you. Some stores, such as Whole Foods, will give you money back that you can donate to the charity of the month.
- 2. Adopt An Earth Friendly Diet
- Adjusting your diet to be more veg friendly can have an enormous impact on the Earth. One way is through nights like “Mushroom Mondays.” For dinner, we will pick a delicious and nutritious meal involving mushrooms. Some favorites include miso mushroom salad, mushroom strudel, or portobello mushroom burger.
- Get creative with it — you will discover a world of palate pleasing options that save the lives of animals, as well as conserve water and other such resources. The meat industry has a devastating impact on the planet and alleviating some of that will greatly help the world.
- 3. Cut Back On Chemicals
- Be conscious of the chemicals you use on your body and put in the water supply as you use the drain in your sink, shower, or bathtub. There are many options made with fair trade and natural ingredients. A favorite of mine is the peppermint Dr. Bronner’s.
- A few small changes can make a big difference in our lives and the lives of others. Encourage your friends and family members to be more eco-friendly. By loving the Earth we love ourselves. If we all join together to be nicer to the Earth the quality of our lives will be vastly improved.